Just You, God and the Bible
by Robert Dodson
<< return to list
Some of you are lonely and don’t know what to do with your time. Others of you are so stressed in this fast paced, hectic world that there never seems to be any escape from it all. Begin spending a few minutes each day with God and the Bible. You will develop a closer walk with God that will strengthen and encourage you as a Christian. Here is a plan to help you get started.
- Select a time and place for just you, God and the Bible.
- Use the Daily Bible Reading Schedule to read through the Bible in one year. It will only take about 15 minutes a day. If that doesn't’t work for you, begin reading a chapter a day from some book of the Bible. This should only take a few minutes.
- Mark the chapter in your Bible: One thing about God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit; Promises to believe; Commands to obey; Sins to avoid.
- Take notes. Give a title to the chapter you have read and write a summary paragraph about it.
- Memorize a verse from the chapter.
- Pray. Spend time in adoration, confession, thanksgiving and supplication to God (acts).
Follow this plan each day and before long you will be drawn back to God and the Bible for the rest of your life.